Easy Pace Russia (Summer 2019)
Easy Pace Russia (Summer 2019)
Experience the grandeur of Russia, exploring the baroque architecture of St Petersburg and the palaces of Moscow. Marvel at the famous art collection of the Hermitage Museum and travel by hydrofoil and high-speed train in perfect style.
- Moscow: Your Celebration Dinner straddles the culinary East to West divide and includes drinks to toast your travels with your newfound friends.
- Dining Summary: 7 Breakfasts (B) and 2 Dinners with Wine (DW) all with tea or coffee.
Stay in Style
- St. Petersburg: The Crowne Plaza St. Petersburg, Ligovsky is situated in a fabulous location, close to many shops and historic buildings.
Top Rated Highlights
- St. Petersburg: Sightseeing with a Local Expert will show you St. Isaac’s Cathedral, the fortress of St. Peter and Paul and Decembrists’ Square. As you travel along the bustling Nevsky Prospekt, see the Cathedral of Kazan and the iconic Church of Our Savior on Spilled Blood.
- Petrodvorets: Cruise by hydrofoil to Peter the Great’s Summer Palace, built to rival Versailles.
- Petrodvorets: Explore the formal gardens, bursting with awe-inspiring cascades, sparkling fountains and golden statues.
- St. Petersburg: With a Local Expert, explore the the stunning former Winter Palace of the Tsars, now the spectacular Hermitage Museum, one of the world’s greatest repositories of European art.
- Sapsan Train: Sapsan in Russian, translates to falcon. Relax in modern luxury and comfort while you swoop by rail from St. Petersburg to Moscow in just four hours.
- Moscow: Explore this fascinating capital with your Local Expert. Visit Red Square to admire the landmark buildings of St. Basil’s Cathedral, the Kremlin and Lenin’s Mausoleum.
- Moscow: Explore the opulent Metro stations, described as ‘underground museums.’
- Moscow: Visit one of the cathedrals when you venture inside the Kremlin.
Included Insight Services
- Our highly-skilled Travel Director will ensure your journey is seamless, serving as your expert guide, consummate organiser, and friend overseas.
- Enjoy the comfort of Insight’s luxury, air-conditioned, 40-seat coach with double the standard legroom and onboard washroom.
- Personal radio headsets give you the freedom to wander during visits to famous highlights, without missing any of your Local Expert’s fascinating commentary.
- We carry your bags for you and promptly deliver them to your hotel door.
- Hotel and restaurant tips are included – you’ll never have to worry about how much to give, nor search for foreign currency. We also include all taxes and porterage charges at hotels.
- Stay connected with friends and family with our complimentary coach and hotel Wi-Fi (where available).
- From time to time, your Travel Director will enchant you with an Insight Flourish, which is a local specialty representing the destination.
- One-way Sapsan train journey from St Petersburg to Moscow is included.
- Complimentary transfers from St Petersburg airport are available at scheduled times, on arrival day. Complimentary transfers to Moscow’s Sheremetyevo and Domodedovo airports are available at scheduled times, on departure day. If your flights are outside these times or you have booked additional nights accommodation with Insight Vacations, you may purchase transfers or make your own way.
Welcome to St. Petersburg.
St. Petersburg Sightseeing.
Petrodvorets by Hydrofoil.
The Hermitage Museum.
High Speed Sapsan Train to Moscow.
Moscow, a Russian Revelation.
Moscow and The Kremlin.